Monday, July 16, 2012

Podcasting 101

I attempted my first podcast today. I had to first download Audacity to my notebook in order to have the ability to record and edit an audio recording. I then had to download something else so that I could save my Audacity file as an MP3 file. The actual recording and interview went pretty smoothly once I got what I needed downloaded. I'll definitely have to practice on my editing skills. I really didn't have much time to play around with that aspect. At this point I'm also still trying to upload my podcast to the class Wiki. We'll see how that turns out soon....It has now been uploaded to the Wiki. This was actually an easy process after I logged myself into the Wiki and dealt with my computer locking up on me.

We both loved learning/using new software. Amanda used Garage Band for the Mac, whereas, Audacity is for PC users (i.e. me).

1 comment:

  1. You can also use Audacity on the mac. There is also a program called Sony Acid Lite (acidplanet.com) that's free for the PC.

    ReplyDelete