Friday, July 13, 2012

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my first blog post! I've been trying to come up with something really cool or inspiring or fun to talk about for my first post, but I've come up empty. I think I'll just talk about a couple of things that have been on my mind.

First of all, you should know that I love sports and the Olympics have always been a favorite event for me. It's not just that it's the only time that we really get to watch different sports like swimming, diving, gymnastics, and track and field, though that is definitely one of the reasons. I like the camaraderie that not only the United States has, but the rest of the world has with each other. I always feel like no matter what else is going on in the world this is a time when we all cheer for greatness, no matter where a person is from. Granted, we always want our home country athletes to win, but that isn't always going to happen. The news media are good at covering the inspiring stories of more than just the Americans and I find myself rooting for others as well.

All of this being said, this week it was announced that the American uniforms for the Olympics were made in China, not the United States. How can this be?? I mean do we not have enough confidence in our own manufactures here to trust them with this task? Would it really benefit the economy to send it to China, so we don't have to pay as much for the production? I just don't get it! Where is our national pride? I'm not against China in any way; I'm just flabbergasted that the one event that should portray our nation's pride has been tarnished by some idiot who wanted to save a buck!

So, I'll get off my high horse now and focus on what my next week looks like. I'll be taking a course in digital writing, hence my blog. Needless to say, I'm very excited to explore the world of digital writing! I'd consider myself a very novice user in this area, but I'm hoping to expand my knowledge over the next two weeks. I hope you'll enjoy reading about my journey as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment